46 replies to this topic

#1 DreadTerror

DreadTerror

IDC/Games Minion

• SuperModerators
  • 271 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Hi guys!

Following some questions and support reports we have had over the last few weeks, I wanted to write this post in order to clarify the FPS limit in Zula and in general, in PC gaming.

Some of you ask the questions like:

- I have an i7 and GTX970 why I cant run the game above 60 fps??

- My PC runs LoL or CS at 200 FPS, why Zula can only do 60 FPS??

Well if your questions is like those, first we have to speak about how FPS and hertz rate work in PC gaming: Frames per second (FPS) are actually limited by the image per second that your monitor can handle and this is call Hertz. If your monitor only works at 60 Hertz, your PC is limited to 60 FPS even if the game you are playing or other software tells you you are at a higher rate. The reality is the bottleneck is in the monitor as well.

A monitor at 144 Hertz will be able to run Zula at 144 FPS as its limit, but it maybe limited by other things such as the connector; par example, HDMI ports are limited to 60 Hertz refresh rate.

This text clarifies the issue:

First, what is a frame and what determines the frame rate? A frame is a single still image, which is then combined in a rapid slideshow with other still images, each one slightly different, to achieve the illusion of natural motion. The frame rate is how many of these images are displayed in one second. To produce, or render, a new frame your CPU and GPU work together to determine the actions of the AI, the physics, positions, and textures of the objects in the scene to produce an image. Then your GPU cuts this image into pixels at the resolution you set and sends this information to the display. The more powerful your CPU and GPU, the more frames they are able to generate per second.

Your monitor or display is where refresh rates come in. Refresh rate is measured in frequency (Hz) which is the number of times per second your monitor can redraw the screen. A refresh rate of 85Hz means that your display can redraw the entire screen 85 times in one second.

Does that mean that your frame rate is limited by your screen’s refresh rate? No; they are two separate things. Remember that FPS is how many frames your gaming computer is producing or drawing, while the refresh rate is how many times the monitor is refreshing the image on the screen. The refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor does not affect the frame rate (FPS) your GPU will be outputting. However, if your FPS is higher than your refresh rate, your display will not be able to display all of the frames your computer is producing, so although the refresh rate doesn’t technically limit the frame rate, it does effectively set a cap.

It’s also important to remember that even if your gaming PC is capable of generating 90 FPS in your favorite game at your preferred settings, and even if your monitor supports 90Hz, 120Hz or more, you could still be capped by the lower refresh rate capabilities of the ports on your graphics card and display. Read our blog post on DisplayPort vs HDMI vs DVI vs VGA to learn about the pros, cons and limitations of the different types of connections. For example, some gaming monitors feature 120Hz refresh rates, but have HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.4. This means that you can only take advantage of the 120Hz refresh rate if your use DisplayPort; you’ll be stuck at 60Hz if you use HDMI.

Frame rate is typically used as a gaming benchmark for measuring the performance of hardware, drivers, games and APIs like Vulkan and DirectX. In this case the monitor’s refresh rate doesn’t matter because the frame rate is just used as a number to measure the gaming performance. A higher frame rate is better. However, when you’re actually playing a game, the display’s refresh rate does effectively limit the frame rate – if you have an 80hz display and your computer is capable of outputting 120 FPS, your screen will still only be able to show 80 different images per second.

If the frame rate your computer is producing is different (either higher or lower) that the refresh rate of your monitor, you may experience a glitch known as screen tearing, where information from two or more frames is shown in a single screen draw. It is important to note that screen tearing does no damage to a display or graphics card.

Text source: https://www.avadirec...-refresh-rate/

And this is why many of you cannot see more than 60 FPS, because Zula shows the actual and real FPS limit that your PC + Monitor can handle.

Dreadterror aka Upsetter!

• DuDuDU1 likes this

A wise man once said "LoL n00b stfu l2p tard". I fully agree :)

DreadTerror aka Upsetter - IDC Games CMO and Zula EU Producer - @alfredobarcena - Twitter

#2 MattDC

MattDC

CAPO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:07 PM

Finally a clear post, hoping that people will read and understand it before saying "i do 200 fps on csgo". Thanks DreadTerror

#3 Incredible2

Incredible2

CAPO

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationBeriln

Posted 22 December 2017 - 07:09 PM

The question is why does Zula force you to play with vsync(fps limitation to amount of hz in your monitor even if you dissable vsync in options or config file). If you play with fulllscreen-windowed mode you can have 200fps. why wouldnt it be available for ppl that use just fullscreen? Clearly everybody can tell diffrance between 150fps and 200 i would love to even get to the 300 mark

I was told, if i win Zula World Cup, Zula will be great.

#4 FabuliS

FabuliS

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

The question is why does Zula force you to play with vsync(fps limitation to amount of hz in your monitor even if you dissable vsync in options or config file). If you play with fulllscreen-windowed mode you can have 200fps. why wouldnt it be available for ppl that use just fullscreen? Clearly everybody can tell diffrance between 150fps and 200 i would love to even get to the 300 mark

+1, the problem is I have a 180hz monitor but I can't reach 180 FPS because your game isn't even optimized or idk what kind of reason it is, but it comes from your game, not our pc like the admin answered my ticket, I hope you're "working hard on it" as he told me because the topic seems like saying the exact opposate thing..

Hi guys!

Following some questions and support reports we have had over the last few weeks, I wanted to write this post in order to clarify the FPS limit in Zula and in general, in PC gaming.

Some of you ask the questions like:

- I have an i7 and GTX970 why I cant run the game above 60 fps??

- My PC runs LoL or CS at 200 FPS, why Zula can only do 60 FPS??

Well if your questions is like those, first we have to speak about how FPS and hertz rate work in PC gaming: Frames per second (FPS) are actually limited by the image per second that your monitor can handle and this is call Hertz. If your monitor only works at 60 Hertz, your PC is limited to 60 FPS even if the game you are playing or other software tells you you are at a higher rate. The reality is the bottleneck is in the monitor as well.

A monitor at 144 Hertz will be able to run Zula at 144 FPS as its limit, but it maybe limited by other things such as the connector; par example, HDMI ports are limited to 60 Hertz refresh rate.

This text clarifies the issue:

First, what is a frame and what determines the frame rate? A frame is a single still image, which is then combined in a rapid slideshow with other still images, each one slightly different, to achieve the illusion of natural motion. The frame rate is how many of these images are displayed in one second. To produce, or render, a new frame your CPU and GPU work together to determine the actions of the AI, the physics, positions, and textures of the objects in the scene to produce an image. Then your GPU cuts this image into pixels at the resolution you set and sends this information to the display. The more powerful your CPU and GPU, the more frames they are able to generate per second.

Your monitor or display is where refresh rates come in. Refresh rate is measured in frequency (Hz) which is the number of times per second your monitor can redraw the screen. A refresh rate of 85Hz means that your display can redraw the entire screen 85 times in one second.

Does that mean that your frame rate is limited by your screen’s refresh rate? No; they are two separate things. Remember that FPS is how many frames your gaming computer is producing or drawing, while the refresh rate is how many times the monitor is refreshing the image on the screen. The refresh rate (Hz) of your monitor does not affect the frame rate (FPS) your GPU will be outputting. However, if your FPS is higher than your refresh rate, your display will not be able to display all of the frames your computer is producing, so although the refresh rate doesn’t technically limit the frame rate, it does effectively set a cap.

It’s also important to remember that even if your gaming PC is capable of generating 90 FPS in your favorite game at your preferred settings, and even if your monitor supports 90Hz, 120Hz or more, you could still be capped by the lower refresh rate capabilities of the ports on your graphics card and display. Read our blog post on DisplayPort vs HDMI vs DVI vs VGA to learn about the pros, cons and limitations of the different types of connections. For example, some gaming monitors feature 120Hz refresh rates, but have HDMI 1.4 and DisplayPort 1.4. This means that you can only take advantage of the 120Hz refresh rate if your use DisplayPort; you’ll be stuck at 60Hz if you use HDMI.

Frame rate is typically used as a gaming benchmark for measuring the performance of hardware, drivers, games and APIs like Vulkan and DirectX. In this case the monitor’s refresh rate doesn’t matter because the frame rate is just used as a number to measure the gaming performance. A higher frame rate is better. However, when you’re actually playing a game, the display’s refresh rate does effectively limit the frame rate – if you have an 80hz display and your computer is capable of outputting 120 FPS, your screen will still only be able to show 80 different images per second.

If the frame rate your computer is producing is different (either higher or lower) that the refresh rate of your monitor, you may experience a glitch known as screen tearing, where information from two or more frames is shown in a single screen draw. It is important to note that screen tearing does no damage to a display or graphics card.

Text source: https://www.avadirec...-refresh-rate/

And this is why many of you cannot see more than 60 FPS, because Zula shows the actual and real FPS limit that your PC + Monitor can handle.

Dreadterror aka Upsetter!

the problem is I have a 180hz monitor but I can't reach 180 FPS because your game isn't even optimized or idk what kind of reason it is, but it comes from your game, not our pc like the admin answered my ticket, I hope you're "working hard on it" as he told me because the topic seems like saying the exact opposate thing..

#5 FabuliS

FabuliS

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 10:55 PM

+1

#6 DreadTerror

DreadTerror

IDC/Games Minion

• SuperModerators
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 December 2017 - 11:13 AM

+1, the problem is I have a 180hz monitor but I can't reach 180 FPS because your game isn't even optimized or idk what kind of reason it is, but it comes from your game, not our pc like the admin answered my ticket, I hope you're "working hard on it" as he told me because the topic seems like saying the exact opposate thing..

the problem is I have a 180hz monitor but I can't reach 180 FPS because your game isn't even optimized or idk what kind of reason it is, but it comes from your game, not our pc like the admin answered my ticket, I hope you're "working hard on it" as he told me because the topic seems like saying the exact opposate thing..

Well the answer is simple, you cant have more FPS in a game than your hertz refres rate, that is physically impossible because your monitor cant display it. The game can say "you have 300 fps" in a 75 hz monitor but your monitor wont be able to show them and as the article says, you will have performance problems like frames dropped or others.

Also is important that you use DisplayPort or DVI for 60hz+ monitors, Displayport and DVI are preparared for 1920 - 120hz + . If you use VGA cable or HDMI you are limited to 60 Hz=60 fps.

Vsync is a way for games to ensure that the games perform at the maximum your monitor can display.

These are fps samples from my PC with a 220 hz monitor:

K2P9ZmC.jpg

0MeHWLo.jpg

LwNZs8w.jpg

DreadTerror aka Upsetter - IDC Games CMO and Zula EU Producer - @alfredobarcena - Twitter

#7 Alex.Official

Alex.Official

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 09:22 AM

Help me pls. https://youtu.be/7ahRw0AJQKc

#8 DreadTerror

DreadTerror

IDC/Games Minion

• SuperModerators
  • 271 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 09:33 AM

Please contact support at https://support.idcgames.com/help for this.

#9 FabuliS

FabuliS

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

Well the answer is simple, you cant have more FPS in a game than your hertz refres rate, that is physically impossible because your monitor cant display it. The game can say "you have 300 fps" in a 75 hz monitor but your monitor wont be able to show them and as the article says, you will have performance problems like frames dropped or others.

Also is important that you use DisplayPort or DVI for 60hz+ monitors, Displayport and DVI are preparared for 1920 - 120hz + . If you use VGA cable or HDMI you are limited to 60 Hz=60 fps.

Vsync is a way for games to ensure that the games perform at the maximum your monitor can display.

These are fps samples from my PC with a 220 hz monitor:

K2P9ZmC.jpg

0MeHWLo.jpg

LwNZs8w.jpg

Wow you simply don't understand anything... -___- i have a 180hz screen, using DP, that can display at least 180 FPS in zula. Ok from here ? But I can't reach my 180 FPS because your game is not optimized bad code, or idk what kind of problem it is that's why I've made a ticket... Like if my PC wasn't good enough to support zula. Seems like players are support right here -___-

#10 DreadTerror

DreadTerror

IDC/Games Minion

• SuperModerators
  • 271 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 01:26 PM

Wow you simply don't understand anything... -___- i have a 180hz screen, using DP, that can display at least 180 FPS in zula. Ok from here ? But I can't reach my 180 FPS because your game is not optimized bad code, or idk what kind of problem it is that's why I've made a ticket... Like if my PC wasn't good enough to support zula. Seems like players are support right here -___-

I understand so, what is the maximum fps you get? what is your video config in zula? and your PC specs? Can you upload screenshot please? 

#11 FabuliS

FabuliS

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

I understand so, what is the maximum fps you get? what is your video config in zula? and your PC specs? Can you upload screenshot please?

My FPS on zula are blocked to 180, because I have a 180 hz screen, my config : GTX 1080TI, i7 7700k, 16GB RAM (if you want more tell me). But on some maps like old town, or when there are many players in the game, or when I look at scores, I have huge FPS drops. I can't take screenshot right now, the only thing you'd see is when I play refugee camp in 4v4 I have 180 FPS, and when I go on old town in 8v8 or on Paris, I get like 100-120 FPS... Help now ?

Edited by FabuliS, 27 December 2017 - 07:40 PM.

• DuDuDU1 likes this

#12 DuDuDU1

DuDuDU1

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:39 PM

My FPS on zula are blocked to 180, because I have a 180 hz screen, my config : GTX 1080TI, i7 7700k, 16GB RAM (if you want more tell me). But on some maps like old town, or when there are many players in the game, or when I look at scores, I have huge FPS drops. I can't take screenshot right now, the only thing you'd see is when I play refugee camp in 4v4 I have 180 FPS, and when I go on old town in 8v8 or on Paris, I get like 100-120 FPS... Help now ?

i have the same problem and i believe other ppl have it also...!

#13 DreadTerror

DreadTerror

IDC/Games Minion

• SuperModerators
  • 271 posts

Posted 28 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

i have the same problem and i believe other ppl have it also...!

Hi

can you please details your machine specs? And if your team mates or clan mates have same issue, please bring them to this topic and let me know config, the more info we can dive to the developer, the better.

#14 0FabuliS0

0FabuliS0

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:27 PM

Hi

can you please details your machine specs? And if your team mates or clan mates have same issue, please bring them to this topic and let me know config, the more info we can dive to the developer, the better.

Like what specs ?

#15 eRzeCooL1234

eRzeCooL1234

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:27 AM

I have the same problem the game is not optimized at all I've said I have a i5 6200U, Ge FORCE 920m 2gb ram, 8gb ram, 1000GB HDD, I have the same problem when I play on the window go in 90-100 fps but when I enter site or play with the players drops fps very much or when I plan to plant the bomb and look at the names of my players I drop a lot again! and so the other players have the same problem many said from clan clan to make a ticket to solve this problem,I have in other games over 60 fps with higher requirements than this game! this proves once again that it is not optimized playing

https://imgur.com/a/9JeKb

• 0FabuliS0 likes this

#16 0FabuliS0

0FabuliS0

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

I have the same problem the game is not optimized at all I've said I have a i5 6200U, Ge FORCE 920m 2gb ram, 8gb ram, 1000GB HDD, I have the same problem when I play on the window go in 90-100 fps but when I enter site or play with the players drops fps very much or when I plan to plant the bomb and look at the names of my players I drop a lot again! and so the other players have the same problem many said from clan clan to make a ticket to solve this problem,I have in other games over 60 fps with higher requirements than this game! this proves once again that it is not optimized playing

https://imgur.com/a/9JeKb

Exact same problem there, planting bomb, looking at scores... etc

#17 eRzeCooL1234

eRzeCooL1234

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 05:36 PM

seriously admins really do not do anything with this game I will tell you that many people will leave u u have already played no more than 2 weeks as if I do not play this game of pleasure because it goes too bad! is not optimized at all

• 0FabuliS0 likes this

#18 0FabuliS0

0FabuliS0

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 10:48 PM

seriously admins really do not do anything with this game I will tell you that many people will leave u u have already played no more than 2 weeks as if I do not play this game of pleasure because it goes too bad! is not optimized at all

I don't want to play this game anymore too because it's not a pleasure anymore with all these weird fps drops... GG admins like everytime..

#19 efGG

efGG

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:03 PM

If you acually thinks the admins are the ones developing the game you should really think twice. The admins will give all the USEFUL information to the developers to try to make the game better.

#20 eRzeCooL1234

eRzeCooL1234

Associate

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 05:08 PM

I understand but they have to propose this thing because that's why they are playing the game is clearly seen with not being optimized the game is a nice game but on the side of optimization is the cabbage sincerely without annoyance!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users